GOVERNMENT ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE, KONDOTTY (GASCK)
Govt. Arts and Science College Kondotty, started in 2013 as per GO.(m.s) No.565/13/H.E.D dt:17/08/2013, is located in a remote village called Vilayil, Parappur which is about 12 KMs away from Kondotty town and 15 KMs far from the Calicut International Airport. It is affiliated to the University of Calicut and offers five degree programs including two conventional degrees and three job oriented new generation programmes . There are, at present , five major departments which offer programmes leading to graduation in Functional English, Mathematics, Urdu , Tourism and Hotel Management. The number of intakes for all programs is 24 save B.Com in which the strength is forty.
Located in a greenery blessed surrounding and engulfing purity of village life, the college functions as a prospective centre of knowledge and instruction for hundreds of students around who belong to the under-privileged sections in the society. It’s worth special attention that the majority of the student community currently pursuing their studies at the college belongs to different sections of minorities in the society. A good chunk of them is OBCs/SCs/STs. Though started in 2013, the academic environment in the college is on a par with any other well-established institutions around.
To strive to be one among the foremost centres of higher education by imparting distinctive quality teaching and learning , professional excellence and superb employable skills.
* To mould the prospective students in ways that enable them to be socially, politically, culturally and literally adept and adaptable.
* To achieve excellence in teaching and learning by capitalizing on the state of the art technological tools and by creating a conducive environment for self-learning , independent pursuit of knowledge and innovative pedagogic practices.
• Excellent instructional practices
• Independent and lifelong learning
• Individual responsibilities